- Attend an institution of higher education as an undergraduate student at the junior or senior level.
- Reside in Allegheny County, Armstrong County, Beaver County, Butler County, Fayette County, Indiana County, Lawrence County, Mercer County, Washington County or Westmoreland County in Pennsylvania.
- Pursue a degree or studies in communications, marketing, or advertising.
- Have a demonstrated academic interest or creative talent in the fields of studies pursuant to a career in advertising. Studies might include, but are not limited to, advertising, art, business, communications, graphic design, marketing, public relations and writing.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be someone who demonstrates academic interest or creative talent in fields of studies pursuant to a career in advertising (i.e.. advertising, art, business, communications, graphic design, marketing, public relations, writing).
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply via the Pittsburgh Foundation Application Portal.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit an original letter of academic recommendation from a faculty member familiar with the student’s abilities.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.
DEADLINE: Our application period is now closed. Please check back next February/March to apply.
Contact for more information:
The Pittsburgh Foundation, established in 1945, works to improve the quality of life in the Pittsburgh region by evaluating and addressing community issues, promoting responsible philanthropy, and connecting donors to the critical needs of the community. Learn more about the good works supported by the Pittsburgh Foundation