AAF Pittsburgh Scholarship Fund
The AAF Pittsburgh Scholarship Fund was created at The Pittsburgh Foundation to build stronger ties between the Pittsburgh advertising community and college, technical school and university level students entering the advertising field. The motivation for the scholarship is to inspire and reward outstanding candidates who have demonstrated potential success in the field and to bring cultural diversity to the Pittsburgh advertising industry.
- Attend an institution of higher education as an undergraduate student at the junior or senior level.
- Reside in Allegheny County, Armstrong County, Beaver County, Butler County, Fayette County, Indiana County, Lawrence County, Mercer County, Washington County or Westmoreland County in Pennsylvania.
- Pursue a degree or studies in communications, marketing, or advertising.
- Have a demonstrated academic interest or creative talent in the fields of studies pursuant to a career in advertising. Studies might include, but are not limited to, advertising, art, business, communications, graphic design, marketing, public relations and writing.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0.
- Plan to attend an accredited vocational or technical trade school OR 2-or 4-year college or university.
- Be someone who demonstrates academic interest or creative talent in fields of studies pursuant to a career in advertising (i.e.. advertising, art, business, communications, graphic design, marketing, public relations, writing).
HOW TO APPLY
- Apply via the Pittsburgh Foundation Application Portal.
- Complete the essay section of the application.
- Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR). If you have not already received your SAR, you can do so by applying for the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Submit an original letter of academic recommendation from a faculty member familiar with the student’s abilities.
- Submit your unofficial transcripts.
DEADLINE: March 30, 2023
Contact for more information:
- The Pittsburgh Foundation: Jennifer Marino
- AAF Pgh Education Chair: Rebecca Senneway
- AAF Pgh/Ad 2 Pgh Executive Director: Evie DeSarno
The Pittsburgh Foundation, established in 1945, works to improve the quality of life in the Pittsburgh region by evaluating and addressing community issues, promoting responsible philanthropy, and connecting donors to the critical needs of the community. Learn more about the good works supported by the Pittsburgh Foundation